Private Nature Retreat
One floor living on 108 acres with a nature preserve!
2246 County Route 18, Hampton NY
- 1 Bedroom
- 1.5 Bathrooms
- Laminate Floors Throughout
- Pond and Stream
- 1,084 Square Feet
- 108.420 Acres
Custom built handicap accessible one bedroom, one and a half bathroom ranch offering the best in privacy and views with a Scandanavian aesthetic, this home is tucked away on beautifully managed 108 acre parcel.
The 10 year-young home invites relaxation and puts you directly in touch with nature; the perfect way to start and end your day! The 1,084 square foot home offers one-floor living and has radiant heat paired with the laminate floors throughout out, an open floor plan with large eat-in kitchen, and windows that frame the beautiful scenery and allow in an abundance of natural light. The property offers opportunities for your own touches of a garden, small farm or whatever you may desire. A stream feeds into an oversized pond that creates a natural wildlife habitat just a short walk through the woods; lovingly maintained to create your very own wildlife preserve! With the Milestone Golf Club down the road and an easy drive to Lake George NY and Rutland VT, this home offers the perfect blend of location, privacy, and simple living.
Green Mountain College
Located just 4 minutes from this house is Green Mountain College, a nationally recognized college that focuses on environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) ranks the College’s curriculum #1 in the nation for sustainability.
- AASHE also ranks GMC as the #1 college in the nation for sustainability.
- Benchmarked against all 568 institutions participating in the 2013 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), GMC was well above the mean for the top 10% of schools in reflective and integrated learning, student-faculty interaction and high-impact educational practices.
- In 2017, GMC received the #2 ranking in Sierra magazine’s Cool Schools list, and has been ranked in the top 15 since 2009 (the only college in the nation to do so).
- GMC received a perfect “green rating” in the last four editions of Princeton Review’s Green Honor Roll. The guide ranked the top “green” schools in the country in 2015 for the first time, and GMC was rated second in the nation. In 2016 and 2017, GMC was ranked third.
- In 2015 Forbes named GMC one of the top “50 College Gems With Bargain Tuitions and SAT Optional Policies.”
- In 2011, GMC became a climate neutral campus through a strategic combination of efficiency, clean energy and local carbon offsets.
“Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” ― Gary Snyder