Charming Colonial perfectly sited to capture the beauty of the countryside!
2269 County Route 18, Hampton NY
SOLD - $239,000
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1.5 Bathrooms
- Horse Barn/Paddock
- Pond with Dock
- 1,872 Square Feet
- 16 Acres
Welcome to Alderberry Marsh, a charming 3 bedroom Colonial perfectly sited to capture the beauty of the countryside, with 16 acres of open space in the quintessential country setting. Features include 1,800 square feet plus of spacious living with a private fenced patio area and a rear yard that backs to trees along with a three-car garage, and a horse barn/paddock. Gleaming wood floors are featured throughout the main level of the home. The country kitchen presents stainless steel appliances, a pot rack, wood cabinets, and opens to the beautifully lit formal dining room and the family room with a brick-based wood stove surround which provides a cozy ambiance. The living room exits into the patio area through french doors, connecting the exterior spaces with the interior spaces to allow for comfortable entertaining. Three ample, sun-soaked bedrooms and full bath are located on the upper level, overlooking the rolling lawns and pond. With the Milestone Golf Club down the road and an easy drive to Lake George NY and Rutland VT, this home offers one of the best combinations of location and views in a classic country homestead.
Green Mountain College
Located just 4 minutes from this house is Green Mountain College, a nationally recognized college that focuses on environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) ranks the College’s curriculum #1 in the nation for sustainability.
- AASHE also ranks GMC as the #1 college in the nation for sustainability.
- Benchmarked against all 568 institutions participating in the 2013 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), GMC was well above the mean for the top 10% of schools in reflective and integrated learning, student-faculty interaction and high-impact educational practices.
- In 2017, GMC received the #2 ranking in Sierra magazine’s Cool Schools list, and has been ranked in the top 15 since 2009 (the only college in the nation to do so).
- GMC received a perfect “green rating” in the last four editions of Princeton Review’s Green Honor Roll. The guide ranked the top “green” schools in the country in 2015 for the first time, and GMC was rated second in the nation. In 2016 and 2017, GMC was ranked third.
- In 2015 Forbes named GMC one of the top “50 College Gems With Bargain Tuitions and SAT Optional Policies.”
- In 2011, GMC became a climate neutral campus through a strategic combination of efficiency, clean energy and local carbon offsets.
“There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort” - Jane Austen